|Working meeting of partners of the project in Odessa (july 2015)|
On the 20-21th of July in the context of the 543681-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-DE-TEMPUS-JPHES – CruiseT project "Network of competence centres for the development of cruise tourism in the Black Sea region" the working meeting of partners of the project in the hall of the Passenger terminal (“Grand Europe” restaurant) took place. It attracted national and foreign specialists. In this event representatives of ONMA, Odessa and Illichivsk Sea Ports administrations, European partners of the project from Germany and Romania participated. The problem of the cruise tourism development is relevant not only for our region, but for Ukraine in whole. Including of the sea tourism in the main directions of the Odessa region development proves this.
The working meeting started on the 20th of July from the opening speech of Mykhail Sokolov, the manager of FO DP “The Ukrainian Sea Ports Administration”; Pavel Skvortsov, the head of ferry terminal of the Illichivsk Sea Port; prof. Niclas Schaper, the 543681-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-DE-TEMPUS-JPHES – CruiseT project coordinator; Mykhail Miusov, the rector of Odessa National Maritime Academy.
In the context of the meeting reports were represented by:
- Sergiy Zaichko, the national coordinator of the project, pro-rector of Odessa National Maritime Academy. The report: “Creation of the competence centres' network for the development of the cruise tourism in the Black Sea region, the main directions of the activity of The Association “Regional centre of conpetence for the development of cruise tourism in the Black Sea region “Cruise Black Sea” in Ukraine”;
- Elizaveta Gaidai, the specialist of the Odessa State Administration tourism department. The report: “The main directions of a reformation of the cruise tourism industry of the Odessa region”;
- Alena Diachenko, deputy of the director of the Odessa City Council culture and tourist department: “Culturological tourism as the main direction of the entry tourism in Odessa”;
- Elvira Leschinskaya, FL GP “The Ukrainian Sea Ports Administration”, the report: “The main directions of the cooperation with Association “Regional centre of competences for the development of the cruise tourism in the Black Sea Region “Cruise Black Sea””;
- Georgiy Tokman, the executive director of the Black and Azov Seas Ports Association (BASPA): “ The main directions of cooperation of the Black and Azov Seas Ports Association (BASPA) with the Association “Regional centre of conpetence for the development of cruise tourism in the Black Sea region “Cruise Black Sea” in Ukraine”;
- Anatoliy Alexandrov, the head of the fund government “Democratic development”, the advisor of the Illichivsk mayor on the foreign-economic problems: “The main directions of reforming of the tourist industry of the Odessa region.
After the comletion of speeches an active discussion about development of cruise tourism between the speakers and other participants in the meeting took place, among which were: Ekaterina Leshcheva, the director of KP "Tourist Information"; Hanameryan Bella, CEO of an exhibition-tourist company "EXPO-South-Service"; Ivan Liptuga, the president of the Association "Odessa travel", european partners: Professor Niclas Schaper, Professor Klaus Rosenthal, Professor Alexis Papatanakis, Professor Kai Hevekost, Professor Wolfgang Fuchs, Professor Ramona Bunda, Professor. Anca Stanki, Dr. Guido Kaufmann, Dr. Vyacheslav Nikitin and Helen Bender.
Then participants of the working meeting attended Illichivsk Commercial Sea Port, where the representative of ICSP spoke about the possibilities of the port and its role in the development of cruise tourism in the Odessa region.
On the 21th of July the working meeting between the partners continued in the restaurant "Grand Europe" (inside the marine passenger terminal). Here has been successfully held the seminar on "Cost optimization in the cruise and tourism industry" has been successfully held.
At the seminar were:
- Irina Golubkova, professor in ONMA, and Julia Stoyanova, cadet of ONMA with the interim report about the work of "Summer School" project;
- Pavel Petrychenko, Head of the Department of Tourism ONEU, with the presentation from Odessa National Economic University;
- Elena Tarahtiy, representative of the Department of Culture and Tourism of the Odessa City Council, with the presentation of the Tempus project «Lyman: Cultural ports from the Aegean Sea to the Black Sea";
- Elena Demchenko, deputy director of the Department of Culture and Tourism of the Odessa City Council. Presentation of the Tempus project "Establishment of the Black Sea network for the sustainable development of tourism in Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia";
- Professor Alexis Papatanakis, Professor Kai Hevekost (Germany). Workshop "Management of cost optimization in the cruise and tourism industry. Foreign experience ';
- Professor Ramona Bunda, Professor Anca Stanka, University of Constanta (Romania). Vorkshop: "Foreign experience. Features provide the quality of tourism services."
During the presentations took place an active discussion of interesting questions between the parties and representatives of the tourism industry in the region (LLC "Actis", LLC "Denko", Black Home Maritime Agency "Inflot", LLC "London Sky", LLC " Mediterranean Shipping Company “Ukraine" LLC "Odemara", LLC “PremerEkspress ", LLC "Tartus Tour ", FGT-travel plus, Bureau of excursions and travel ” Demchishin” tour). ONMA students were also involved in the discussion.
After the seminar, the participants went on a tour of the Odessa Commercial Sea Port.
The results of the working meeting was assummed by Sergey Zaichko, pro-rector of the Odessa National Maritime Academy, the national coordinator of the project. He focused on the fact that during the meetings the familiarize of the partners with the results of the work in the project was held. In this meeting also were discussed issues of expansion of cooperation between universities, enterprises, professional associations and government agencies government agencies manage in cruise tourism in the Black Sea region, which contributed to the acquisition of experience in the area.